52 Perfect Travel Gifts for Women
We’ve rounded up the 52 best travel gifts and the perfect travel accessories for female explorers and adventurers in your life. If you are looking for the perfect gift for an upcoming birthday or holiday, this updated 2023 list will provide all the inspiration you need!
Unique travel gift ideas and useful gifts for the traveling woman.
Ads are how we pay our bills and keep our blog free for you to enjoy. We also use affiliate links; if you make a purchase through them, we may receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Our 52 Favorite Travel Gift Ideas for Women
If you’re trying to find the perfect gift for the traveler in your life or want to pick up something for your next trip, look no further! These unique travel gifts are perfect gifts for the adventurous women in your life.
Our Favorite Travel Shoes
The best women’s travel shoes! From comfortable walking shoes, to travel flats, boots, and sandals , these are the best travel shoe options.
1. Travel Flats
Pack along a pair of Tieks by Gavrieli. These Italian leather flats can be easily packed into one’s tote bag and worn from business casual to dinner with ease.
2. Waterproof Trail Shoe
Women looking for an ultra-lightweight waterproof trail shoe that looks good and travels well should check out the Lowa Ferrox GTX.
3. Best Boot for Travel
Cobb Hill’s Sienna Boot combines comfort and style for a boot one that can be dressed up and down and worn all day.
4. Water Shoes
For those who enjoy kayaking, surfing and other water sports, UBFEN water shoes offer UPF+ sun protection from feet and ankles while the sturdy bottom prevents burns when walking over hot sand or pavement.
5. Comfortable Sandals
For a comfortable sandal that can go from beach to boardwalk, check out Dansko’s Isabel, an ergonomic sandal that enables one to walk all day in comfort and style.
Luggage & Day Bags
6. Wheeled Luggage
The Osprey Meridian 22″ Convertible is a very lightweight yet sturdy piece of wheeled luggage replete with a removable daypack and a harness with a hip belt so one can also carry this luggage on one’s back.
7. Messenger Bag that Transforms into a Backpack
The Urban Xplorer® HalfPack RT can be used as a stylish shoulder messenger bag that works well for business or overnight trips or transforms into a backpack for more casual treks. Multiple pockets and compartments hold laptops, tablets, phones, accessories, paperwork, clothing, shoes and more to accommodate your needs.
8. Eco Friendly Duffel Bag
Chico’s Black Duffel rePETe is a lightweight, eco-friendly, full-size duffel made of durable, recycled PET ripstop fabric that can be packed down to the size of a softball. This is the perfect bag to pack along for those times when one needs an extra bag to go to the gym, bring home souvenirs or go grocery shopping when on the road.
9. The Best Packing Cubes
Those who need help organizing their luggage can pack along a Lewis N Clark FeatherLight Pouch and Expandable Packing Cube. These incredibly light pouches have mesh panels for visibility and breathability and come in three sizes ranging from 6″ x 2.5″ x 8″ to 14″ x 2.5″ x 10.”
Our Favorite Travel Clothes for Women
10. Cute Travel Jackets for Women
A packable jacket is the perfect travel piece for those looking to stay warm without packing a bulky coat. The women’s REI Revelcloud jacket has a sleek durable water repellent (DWR) finish and Pertex Quantum recycled fabric that blocks winds up to 50 mph. For those wanting a heavier more casual model, check out Craghoppers’ Pumori Packaway Jacket. This piece is highly compressible and lightweight, with ClimaPlus synthetic insulation that’s almost as effective as down but will retain about half its insulating properties when wet.
For a lightweight packable raincoat that can be worn solo or paired with a jacket, check out Hount’s Lighthouse Packable Jacket.
Pack along Iladora’s Lisa Top made from bamboo cotton with natural antimicrobial properties for a top that can be easily dressed up and down.
11. Leggings for Long Flights
As Lyssé’s fashionable leggings hide figure flaws without leaving one feeling restrictive, they are perfect for traveling on long-haul flights.
12. Travel Scarf
Upon initial glance, SummerSkin’s Endless Summer Scarf resembles a cotton skirt that can be dressed up or down. But pull out the drawstring and one finds a very versatile item that can be also worn as an infinity scarf, shoulder wrap or an instant hood.
13. Crushable & Washable Hat
Wallaroo’s crushable and washable fabric hats offer UPF 50+ sun protection. Choose from over 40 styles made from canvas, loose weave, microfiber, cotton twill, poly-braid, and polystraw that range from a polished look to a more playful feel.
14. UPF 50 Shirt
Pack along a shirt from BloqUV for an adventure weekend in the sun. This brightly colored clothing provides a minimum of UPF 50 that will help prevent sunburn and other sun maladies while the moisture-wicking fabric keeps one looking fresh while working out in the sun.
15. Quick Drying Cami’s
Check out Adea’s offers a line of tops and camisoles made of quick-drying stretch fabric and UV-protected material that work very well as layering pieces to help one adapt to the different climates when traveling.
16. Zen & Comfy Yoga Style Clothes
Gaiam’s line of yoga wear is stylish enough that one can dress from head to toe in comfortable tunic-style tops and leggings that are organic, fair trade, and comfortable.
17. Organic Travel Socks
Give a gift box of organic cotton crew socks from PACT Apparel for extremely comfortable socks that work well in both casual or dress scenarios. Choose from pioneer stripe or a bramble print depending on one’s preferences.
18. Best Travel Pajama’s
For sleep and loungewear that’s has a brightly colored fun, flirty and sexy look yet also very wearable and comfortable, check out the offerings from Pajamagram.
19. Cute Travel Bathing Suits
Miraclesuit Women’s Swimwear Oceanus style with tummy control is flattering for all shapes! The style has sizes XS through XXL and cup sizes up to size K. In particular, they have styles that can help shape and smooth full-figure women looking for stylish swimwear.
Toiletries & Beauty Items for Travel
20. Hanging Toiletry Kit
The Travelon Flat-Out Hanging Toiletry Kit stores all one’s cosmetics and toiletries thanks to a front zip pocket, 4 looops for brushes and 4 zip compartments with clear pockets. This kit can lay flat in a suitcase to allow for maximum capacity or or zipped up to form a compact kit.
21. Tinted Moisturizer
Protect one’s skin from the sun with Intellishade Broad-Spectrum SPF 45 Tinted Moisturizer (1.7 oz.), a single tint moisturizer that changes during the year. Choose their original formula for an extra boost of hydration or the Matte formula if need to reduce signs of pores.
Pair this moisturizer with Babo SPF 18, a natural-looking tinted lip protection made with a hint of organic rose essential oil and available in a range of colors.
22. Argan Oil Cleansing Towelettes
Acure’s Argan Oil Cleansing Towelettes are disposable and biodegradable and free of synthetics, fragrances, gluten-free, cruelty-free and vegan. They’re perfect for those times when one needs to cleanse the face and body during long-haul treks when a shower is not available.
23. Wipes for Every Travel Need!
Frequent flyers might want to pack along La Fresh Travel Lite wipes. These biodegradable and compostable wet wipes are packaged in individual one-use wrappers for ease of use.
Among the products they carry include shoe shine wipes, nail polish remover pads, feminine hygiene wipes, antiperspirant wipes for women, insect repellent wipes, anti-bacterial wipes, facial cleansing wipes, and lens & screen cleaner wipes.
24. Homeopathic 3-pack Kit for Jetlag & Immune Health
Sprayology’s homeopathic 3 pack travel essentials kit includes their Travel Ease (1.38 oz.), ImmunoBooster (1.38oz.) and SleepEase (1.38oz.), a trio designed to prevent and relieve jet lag, support immune function and improve sleep naturally.
25. Organic Skin Care
A few items from Skinny Skinny’s Organic Skin Care Line are particularly well suited for travel. Take for example, their travel size (1 oz.) unisex lightly scented dry shampoos which are certified organic and work with all hair types keep one’s hair clean during long haul flights and other times when washing one’s hair is not an option.
26. Detergent Sheets for travel
For those who like to travel very light for an overnight getaway or a month-long adventure, these Earth Breeze Laundry Detergent Sheets take up minimal space and keep your suitcase smelling great as well.
27. First Aid Kit for Travel
Always bring along a mini Traveler first aid kit a portable medical kit. For adventure travelers, the M2 Basics first aid kit contains a wide range of medications and bandages designed to treat a number of injuries and illnesses. Also included is a Comprehensive Guide to Wilderness & Travel Medicine to help answer a wide range of medical-related questions.
28. Natural Deoderant
Keep fresh while traveling with individual towelettes from Crystal Deodorants, 100% pure, all-natural deodorant wipes that come in a range of fragrances that keep travelers fresh and chemical-free.
29. Travel Bath and Beauty Kits
Here’s a selection of travel bath and beauty kits that can be thrown inside an overnight bag when one’s heading out for a long weekend. With Kai’s Travel Bath and Body Set, one can have an at-home spa experience while on the road with their Relax Bath Salts (1.75 oz), Breathe Body Wash (1 oz.), Embrace Body Lotion (1 oz.), and Awake Spray (1 oz.). Dr. Hauschka’s Revitalizing Face Care Kit contains their Cleansing Cream (0.34 fl oz), Soothing Cleansing Milk (0.34 fl oz), Facial Toner (0.34 fl oz), Revitalizing Day Cream (0.17 fl oz), Quince Day Cream (0.17 fl oz) and Rose Day Cream (0.17 fl oz) stored within a compact metal box for ease of packing.
30. Argan Oil for Hair & Body
For another skincare option, check out the Kahina Travel Basics Set consisting of one ounce glass bottles of Argan Oil to be used on hair or face (100% organic & certified by Ecocert), Facial Cleanser (now Ecocert-certified organic & natural), and Facial Lotion (100% natural, 95% of botanical ingredients are organic).
For another organic option, see Juice Beauty’s Beauty Organics to Go Kit, which includes Cleansing Milk (2 oz.), Green Apple Peel, Sensitive (.25 oz.), Antioxidant Serum (.17 oz.), Hydrating Mist (1 oz.) and Nutrient Moisturizer (.5 oz.). Those with sensitive skin can benefit from Cleure Skincare Products for Sensitive Skin including their travel-sized SPF 15 or 30 Sunscreen (2 oz.), Body Lotion (2 oz.) with pure Shea butter, and Cleure Cleanser (1 oz.).
Tech & Gadgets for Travel
31. Best Travel iPad Case
The ClamCase works perfectly for those times when you want to use your iPad like a laptop to so some serious typing but don’t want to also lug around a laptop as well. This case’s patented 360˚ hinge functionality enables one to use the iPad from a wide range of positions.
32. Touch Screen Gloves
Touch screen gloves enable one to effectively work one’s smartphone in cold weather with ease. Here are a few models that are particularly stylish for women. The Foundation glove from 180s looks sleek and stylish with QuantumHeat technology in the fabric which retains body heat and wicks moisture.
Mujjo Refined Touchscreen Gloves are knitted gloves accented with leather for those looking for a more sophisticated look. With magnets hidden in the logo of their gloves, Glove.ly’s classic knitted gloves are perfect for those who tend to misplace their gloves when on the go.
33. Portable Wi-Fi
Travelers on the go can stay in touch with Karma, a portable wi-fi hotspot that fits in the palm of one’s hand and yet can connect to up to 8 wi-fi enabled devices and last for up to 8 hours on a single charge. Also, as pay for data on an as need basis, one can purchase data depending on one’s needs.
34. Cord Roll
Great Useful Stuff’s Waxed Canvas Cord Roll is made form 100% durable cotton and is divided into three sections (tablet, phone, computer) so one can store cords and cables so it can be stored and accessed easily.
35. Tangle-Free Cables
Keep charging cables for most smartphones and tablets organized with ReTrak’s reinforced tangle-cable free cables. As these cables take up less space than a traditional charging cable, they can be easily stored in a briefcase or backpack.
36. Bluetooth Speaks for Travel
This mini Bluetooth Speaker is the size of an average keyless entry remote but delivers a big sound for those times when one wants to broadcast the content from one’s smartphone or tablet. Those looking for a larger portable speaker can pack along the Naztech N52 Koncert for a full bodied sound.
37. Here are three options for those looking to listen to music and take phone calls on their smartphones and tablets. These Bluetooth Headphones with Mic features cutting-edge 2.4G Bluetooth technology and intuitive controls that switch between music and calls with hands-free calling and video-chat capabilities. Monoprice’s Enhanced Active Noise Canceling Earphones powered by a AAA battery work very well for those looking for a compact pair of noise canceling earphones that can also be used to make phone and Skype calls. Those who want to listen to their smartphone while jogging or running errands while carrying minimal gear will benefit from Incipio’s F88 Hi-fi stereo earbuds. The liquid silicone fit affords superior comfort while an inline microphone allows one to take calls.
38. The JILL-E Metro Tablet Bag works for those times when one needs to look professional while transporting a tablet, wallet and a few personal items without lugging around a heavy laptop case or casual backpack.
39. Consider a battery charger to help one stay charged while on the go all day long. Here are a few options to meet a range of needs. For those looking for a lightweight solar power charger, the Hiluckey Outdoor Portable Power Bank with 4 Solar Panels, can power tablets and smartphones.
The Anker 2nd Gen Astro E4 26800mAh External Battery with PowerIQ™ Technology works best for those who need a relatively compact device that can deliver maximum portable power that can charge two devices for those times when one is traveling long distances. NomadPlus can upcycle any Apple wall plug into a portable charger. Ideal for travel.
Those looking for a small compact portable charger that can fit into a pocket to easily charge a smartphone, check out The Kanex GoPower Pack, Portable Backup Battery Banks and the Mojo Vogue BattStation.
40. Keep an iPad or full-size tablet, an e-reader or iPad mini or a smartphone or digital camera clean and splash-free when using one’s gear at the beach or by the pool with one of Lakeland’s weatherproof PVC pouches.
More of Our Favorite Travel Items for Women
41. Cozy Travel Blanket
Travelrest’s 4-in-1 Travel blanket is a poncho-style micro-fleece blanket (38″ x 60″) that can also be used as a pillow for neck, head and lumbar support. A built in carry case with a strap enables one to secure this blanket in transit.
42. Sojo Eyewear’s polarized AV1 Sunglasses are perfect for outdoor enthusiasts who also need reading glasses. This model comes in +1.5, +2.0 and +2.5 strengths with barely visible bifocal lenses.
43. At only 6,” the Genius Pack Micro Travel Umbrella takes up very little space in a tote bag or backpack but unfolds to a sturdy full-sized umbrella.
44. Stop losing reading glasses when on the go with the ThinOptics Universal Pod + Reading Glasses. These glasses are the size of a credit card and can be attached to a phone or any hard flat surface like a table or car dashboard.
Those looking for a pair of sturdy yet stylish and affordable designer reading glasses that can withstand the rigors of travel can check out a pair of Peepers Reading Glasses, a brand that was awarded Google’s Trusted Stores badge.
Unique Travel Items for Women
45. Travel Hammock
For those going camping or spending a weekend at an overbooked vacation house, pack along the Double Nest Hammock from Eagles Nest Outfitters (ENO) that can accommodate a solo traveler or couple.
46. Eat on the run and recycle with Greenzla’s bamboo utensils that include a fork, knife, spoon, chopsticks and a carry-case with a cabiner. Pair this with me-fan’s GoCup, a collapsable travel cup that comes in 4 and 8 oz sizes and is watertight, hygienic, easy-to-clean, and super-packable.
47. For the traveler who tends to book red-eye flights and overnight trains, pack along the Deluxe Cocoon Travel Set. This zippered tote bag containing these must have items for travelers: Eye Shades, Ear Plugs, a Coolmax Travel Blanket, an ultralight Air-Core Neck Pillow, and a Microfiber Towel.
48. Wrist Wallet
For those times when one only needs to carry a set of keys and maybe a credit card and some change, the Sprig wrist wallet slips over most wrists to provide stylish yet easy access to these essential items.
49. Those looking to take professional looking photos on their iPhone can pick up the olloclip 4-in-1 lens. This lens offers fisheye, wide-angle and two macro (10x and 15x magnification) lenses in less than one ounce available for the iPhone 4 and 5. They also carry other lenses such as a telephoto lens, as well as lenses for the iPhone 6.
50. For the perfect travel bottle, CamelBak offers the first self-sealing, leak-proof mug for drinking both hot and cold beverages on the go.
51. Over at Minimus, choose from over 2,500 travel sized items and prepare a gift basket tailored to the specific needs and interests of a particular traveler.
52. Protect one’s personal data from potential hackers with the Royce Leather RFID blocking Passport & Currency Wallet. This wallet made from genuine top-grain Nappa leather features a dedicated passport pocket, 3 credit card slots, ID window, 2 pockets for American and foreign currency, plus 2 additional papers for travel documents.
More Packing Tips Article
- Best Gear and Gadgets to Explore Outdoors
- Ultimate Packing Checklist for Cancun, Mexico
- Best Women’s Travel Clothes: Anatomie Luxury Wrinkle-Free Clothes
- How to Pack for 2 Weeks in Europe (In One Bag)
- Best Natural Remedies Travelers Should Pack
More Gift Guides
We hope you found this guide for travel itemsfor women useful. If so, please check out one of our additional gift guides.
- Travel Items All Men Should Have
- Best Travel Items & Gifts for Travelers
- Stocking Stuffers for Women Who Love to Travel
- Stocking Stuffers for Men Who Love to Travel
Pin it for Later!
Follow 52 Perfect Days on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram