Update: September 2022
Disclosure: Please note that any links to Amazon or any other travel brand in this post is an affiliate link. At no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you click on it and then make a purchase. The income generated is what allows me to continue to provide new content and pay my support staff.
Since coronavirus landed in March of 2020, travel has changed and evolved. Even in mid-2022, travel isn’t ‘back to normal’. Like everyone else in travel (writers, bloggers, agents, and so many others), we here at 52 Perfect Days have been hit really hard. While things are getting better for travel bloggers, we are still playing catch up!
How You Can Help
One of the questions I get asked most often is how I earn a living as a travel blogger. One of the top ways I earn income on this website is by including links to affiliate programs for hotels, tours, and other travel-related products in my blog posts and if readers are interested they can click on the links to learn more or maybe book or buy something. These links give us a small commission and these links never increase prices for our readers.
In times of low or no travel, when people aren’t interested in booking a hotel or tour, it’s important to know that most travel-related websites are seeing severely reduced income.
Since no one is traveling, one way you can support this website is by clicking this link to Amazon before you purchase anything on their website.
4 Ways to help 52 Perfect Days & Other Travel Bloggers Right Now
- Visit Amazon directly from this link or check out my Amazon Influencer Page.
- Simply getting more eyeballs on our travel websites is important. So, visit some of the travel websites you love the most right now.
- Another way to support your favorite travel website is to open emails they are sending and click through to the articles they are sharing with you.
- If you are traveling, please consider clicking on these links before you book. I recommend Hotels.com for great hotel prices. I love TripAdvisor for researching hotels and reading reviews. For car rentals, I suggest RentalCars.com or Hertz. Another option for hotels, cars and airfare is Orbitz.
Even these small gestures can be of big help to each and every travel blogger who depends on their websites for income to support themselves and their families.
I know it may not seem like it, but this website is not just me. I have a web designer, and virtual assistant as well as a few freelancer writers I pay to write and research. Like everyone else in the travel industry, 52 Perfect Days is a small business trying to keep the lights on so I can continue to create content about travel when the world combats the coronavirus.
So, if you are looking for a way to support the site during this time of uncertainty please visit this post and click-thru before you head to Amazon for your regular purchases. I thank you in advance for your support!
Arm Chair Travel Fun
If you are looking for some fun arm-chair travel articles to pass this time, here are a few of my favorites:
- The Mystery & History of the Margarita Cocktail (plus the recipe for the original margarita!)
- Haunted Stories behind the Most Haunted Places in America
- How to Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer
- 27 Most Beautiful Caribbean Islands (a little eye candy!)
Do you Need Help?
What can I do to help you or your business right now? Please email me (alexa at 52perfectdays dot com) and let me know! I’m here to help.
Here are some of the best travel resources and the ones I personally use and trust.