Hong Kong, despite its small size, is a lovely city, and it has a wide range of places to offer its visitors. From shopping in the city to experiencing the beautiful scenery of nature, the country is an established tourist destination in Asia.
If you’re looking for a flight from Vancouver to Hong Kong because you want to explore the country, read on and learn about the great things you can do on your upcoming trip.
What To Do Before Going To Hong Kong
Before you can reach Hong Kong, you must first check Vancouver flights to Hong Kong. This is going to be an easy process since Vancouver’s thirteen major airlines offer a direct flight from Hong Kong.
If you already have a date in mind, you can search on all available airline prices. It’s best to compare so that you can get the best deal for your fare. There are also travel agencies that offer package deals that include tours, accommodation, and even plane fares.
If you want to experience and see places that are more than just its tourist spots, you can also learn and search more about the festivals in the country. Joining the colorful celebration can also give you a taste of their culture.
If you’ve already booked your flight and set a date in mind, here are some great things you can do in Hong Kong:
Visit The Famous Tourist Spots
When you visit a new country, it’s normal that you first go to its most beautiful spots in and out of the city proper. Here are some of the best places to go to in Hong Kong:
- Victoria Peak – If you enjoy nature, this iconic tourist destination should be on the top of your list. In about 45 mins through the Morning Trail along Hatton Road, you’ll be able to enjoy the scenery and reach the top of the mountain. There, you can enjoy panoramic views of the island and the South China Sea.
- Nan Lian Garden – Going to this place is the perfect spot to rest and relax while enjoying the views after a long day or walking. The park is situated in Kowloon, which is modeled after the Tang Dynasty.
You can find yourself in a calm state since it’s filled with lotus ponds and the soaring mountain range in the background. This is managed by the Chi Lin Nunnery, which is also open to the public and free to visit by the tourists.
- Hong Kong Park – If you want another place very close to the city, Hong Kong Park is the place to be. This beautiful park is between the busy city and the green mountains.
Aside from enjoying the relaxing view, you can also enjoy the food at the restaurants. Children can also enjoy the Edward Youde Aviary, which is the home of over 90 species of birds. There’s also the Forsgate Conservatory, which features a wide range of plant species.
Hong Kong is known for its popular shopping neighborhoods. If you want to bag some great deals, you should visit Causeway Bay, Tung Choi Street, and the Temple Street Night Market. Sham Shui Po is also the right place for affordable fashion accessories and gadgets.
When you go shopping, make sure that you’ve booked extra baggage when you travel home.
Ride Different Transportations
It’s effortless to go around Hong Kong City and its nearby islands. Here’s the top transportation you should try to roam around the city and enjoy the views as well:
- Ride the cable car to visit the Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau Island. It’s one of the most popular attractions in the country. Hong Kong’s cable ride is also considered as one of the best and longest cable rides in the world.
- Ride the city bus tour to explore the city. Hong Kong also has double-decker buses where tourists can explore the city. The big bus city tour will take you to different popular attractions and shopping places.
Enjoy Authentic Chinese Food
A trip will never be complete if you don’t indulge in the food offerings of the country. If you want to enjoy and experience authentic Chinese food, here are the places you must visit and try:
- Maxim’s Palace
- Tim Ho Wan
- Chau Kee
Hong Kong is a beautiful country with warm people. If you want to visit the place, make sure you book your flights today!
There are a wide variety of things you can do in Hong Kong. Just make sure that you’re fully prepared and well informed about their laws and culture so you won’t have a problem when you visit the country.
Read More About Asia
Disclosure: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. 52 Perfect Days is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.