I, Roland M, am 9 years old, and this story is about when my family went to Oahu, (in Hawaii). We stayed at a hotel named The Kahala. And I have to say, it was great!! No lie. You can swim with dolphins! Not in the sea, but there at the Kahala! It’s called Dolphin Quest and you get to actually touch them and swim with them in the Dolphin Lagoon. (Plus if it’s your birthday you get to hug and kiss them).
There is a kei-ki club with a different activity every day! The day in I was there, we got to go fishing!!!!! And if you like fishing, they even have private fishing tours! We had a great guide that took us in a boat to a reef! He knew every-thing about fishing!!
Our room had a patio so close to the dolphins you could practically touch them!! And you get a flat-screen TV, with Netflix on it in your room!!!!!!!! Plus, you get a king sized bed!! I don`t know if you`ve been there, but for ME: it was AWESOME!! THE KAHALA ROCKSSSSSSS!!
WHEN TO VISIT OAHU
There is no bad time to visit any of the Hawaiian Islands as far as finding beautiful weather. The temperature typically varies from 68°F to 87°F on the island of Oahu. You’ll find days are mostly warm or hot with cooler evenings. Oahu is known for quick bursts of rain, but rarely will it ruin a day on the island. The best time to visit Oahu is from mid-April to early June or between September and mid-December. During these shoulder seasons, attractions are less crowded, festivals are plentiful and airfare and room rates are at their lowest.
If you enjoyed this article about The Best Free Hula Show and Where to find a Perfect Mai Tai in Oahu, you’ll also love Five Off-the-Beaten-Path Places on Hawaii’s Big Island.
Traveling To Oahu Soon? Here are a few tips:
How to get there: Oahu’s major airport is in Honolulu (airport code HNL). It’s by far Hawaii’s largest airport and hub. If you aren’t arriving by cruise ship, this is how you’ll arrive to Oahu.
Where to stay: There are many places to stay in Oahu Hawaii. There is a wide range of hotels, from budget to luxury. For a luxury hotel that won’t break the bank, I recommend The Kahala Hotel & Resort, which is currently the #1 hotel on Tripadvisor. You can also check HotelsCombined for the best Oahu Hotel Rates.
What to pack: The weather is tropical on the Hawaiian Islands with lovely northeasterly trade winds. Dress is smart-casual on Oahu, but do bring a light sweater or wrap. Water shoes, sunscreen a sun hat and a great guide to Oahu are a must!
Oahu Hawaii Trip Essentials
6 Indispensable Items to Pack for a Oahu, Hawaii Vacation
- Get the Fodor’s Oahu: with Honolulu, Waikiki & the North Shore (Full-color Travel Guide).
- Bring a good quality mirrorless camera for getting those beautiful Oahu beach landscape shots. I use the Sony Alpha a6000 .
- Summers are hot in Oahu, so make sure to bring Neutrogena Sunscreen, Broad Spectrum Spf 45
- You will find mosquitos on Oahu, especially if you do some hiking, so bring mosquito repellent – I like the pre-moistened towelettes, which are very convenient for packing and carrying with you. They’re convenient and don’t leave a sticky or oily residue.
- Don’t forget sunglasses for the beautiful sunny days. A.J. Morgan Unisex Sunglasses are a great choice and very affordable!
- Water shoes are a great item to pack for any beach vacation. They take up little room when packing and great if you end up at a beach that is rocky or with very hot sand.
Read More About Hawaii
Five Off-the-Beaten-Path Places on Hawaii’s Big Island
Oahu’s Eco-Friendly Cruise for Dolphin Lovers
The 52 Supernatural Places of Oahu
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
I am Roland Meisler. I am 14 years old. I love to travel to different places around the world. One of my life goals is visiting all seven continents. These are my stories….