Christmas travel is one of the busiest times of year. Whether it is to visit family or friends in a different city or to go on a vacation it’s a busy time for airport travel.The following is a list of the ten busiest airports in the US during Christmas in the United States:
- LAX – Los Angeles International airport.
- Chicago – O’Hare International airport ranks second on the list of busiest airports during the holidays.
- Boston – The Boston Logan airport is always extremely crowded at this time of the year.
- San Francisco – The San Francisco International Airport during the holidays reaches its peak in travelers.
- LaGuardia, N.Y. – Celebrating Christmas or New Year’s in Rockefeller Center? It’s a must-do for many tourists, so it’s no surprise that Christmastime finds this airport on the busiest list.
- Ronald Reagan Washington – The national airport of Washington is also one of the busiest during Christmas.
- Seattle-Tacoma Airport –This hub airport tends to be very busy during the holiday season.
- Denver International Airport – The International airport of Denver, Colorado, is a major hub airprot and is also extremely busy at the holidays.
- Newark International Airport – Newark, the largest city in New Jersey, is a major entry point to the US and this airport finds big crowds at Christmastime.
- Saint Paul International Airport – This airport in Minneapolis takes the tenth rank in the list of busiest airports in the US during the holidays.
If you haven’t bought your ticket already, plan your travel dates based on how long you are willing to stand in long lines! And remember, Tuesday and Wednesday are the best day to score the best prices on airfare (See #16 on our Budget Travel Tips page).
Airbnb – book unique accommodations around the world.
HotelWiz – Save Up To 75% Off On Hotel Rates Worldwide
HotWire – Save up to 40% off Hot Rate airfares
Alexa Meisler is the editorial director of 52 Perfect Days. Born in Paris, France she has since lived in Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Portland, Oregon. She currently resides in San Diego with her husband and son where they enjoy exploring California and Mexico.
Travel has always been a part of her life; traveling to such places as Morocco, Tangiers and Spain as a young child as well as taking many road trips to Mexico with her grandparents as a young girl. Since then, she has traveled abroad to locations such as Russia, Taiwan and throughout Europe.
Prior to working at 52 Perfect Days she was a freelance travel writer; focusing on family and women’s adventure experiences.