Address: 729 SW 15th Ave., Portland, OR 97205
Become a Fan on Facebook
Follow them on Twitter
# of Rooms: 130
Room Rates: Starting at $119
Credit Cards: Amex, visa, mastercard, Diner’s Club, Discover
- iPod docking station
- iPod Menu
- Spiritual Menu
- Pillow Menu,
- LCD flat-panel televisions
- high-speed wireless Internet
- luxurious bedding
- Aveda bath products
Parking: $25 for unlimited in-and-out valet parking, 24-hour period
In downtown Portland, the Hotel deLuxe – awarded to Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List in 2008 and 2009, and voted to Condé Nast Traveler’s Reader’s Choice Top 100 U.S. Hotels in 2007, 2008 and 2009 – introduces Portland to an era of Hollywood and glamour revitalizing the Golden Age of film. With an art-deco and Hollywood-40s inspired design, the hotel provides all of the luxury that a business or leisure traveler could wish for.
With almost 400 photographs from Hollywood films ranging from the 1930s to the 1950s, the corridors and all 130 rooms lend an educational eye to any and every film buff.
Every star from Clark Gable to Audrey Hepburn and Joan Fontaine adorn the walls for all guests to enjoy.
Each floor carries a glorious theme:
- 2nd floor – The Maestro (Hitchcock)
- 3rd floor – The Dance and Music Masters (Gene Kelly, Judy Garland, Ginger Rogers, Debra Kerr, Fred Astaire, Cyd Charisse and Bing Crosby)
- 4th floor – The Rebels (Orson Welles, Elia Kazan, Howard Hawks, John Huston and John Ford)
- 5th floor – The Immigrants (Otto Preminger, Fritz Lang and William Wyler)
- 6th floor – The Europeans (David Lean, Charles Chaplin, Marcel Carné, Jean Renoir, Luchino Visconti, Roberto Rossellini, Frederico Fellini and Ingmar Bergman)
- 7th floor – The Exiles (Ernst Lubitsch, Michael Curtiz and Erich von Sternberg)
- 8th floor – The Masters (Frank Capra, Billy Wilder and George Cukor)
In addition to the décor, sophistication meets charm with thin flat-screen televisions and HDTV (first hotel in Portland to offer full HDTV capabilities), sumptuous beds and linens, soft comforting colors, MP3 menu (Forgot your Ipod? We have one programmed just for you!) and MP3 docking stations in every room, high-speed wireless Internet, 24-hour room service, 24-hour business and fitness centers, Aveda bath products, pillow menu and a spiritual menu (Buddhist? Taoist? Catholic? Scientologist? We have the perfect bedtime reading for you!).
To further provide comfort and ease to a traveler’s day, Gracie’s will provide scrumptious meals using mostly organic and locally grown produce in the most glamorous setting. And the infamous Driftwood Room will remind patrons of a time lost where martinis were sipped ever-so-slowly and service was personal.
For the business traveler, the Hotel deLuxe offers three conference rooms with more than 1,700 square feet. And of course, we have a screening room to see the latest films by local filmmakers and classic black and white films.
Click here for more information: www.hoteldeluxe.com
- Return to the Portland City Guide
- Click here to find out how to list your hotel in the Portland City Guide.