The TOP 10 52 Perfect Days Writers who generate the most hits (clicks) to their published full story article will win one of our 10 Prizes. This contest runs from September 1st- 30th. Winners will take home one of the below prizes!
Weekend in Sarasota, Florida*
Sarasota Bay is an estuary located off the west coast of Florida in the United States. Some of the most spectacular beaches in and around Sarasota are along the many keys that jut out into the Gulf of Mexico and help to create the Sarasota Bay. Keys otherwise known as islands include Longboat Key, Lido Key, Siesta Key, Casey Key and North Point.
The ‘Two Night Stay’ for two in Sarasota includes:
Accommodations compliments of Hibiscus Inn & Suites
A visit to Ringling Museum of Art
A visit to Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
Gift Certificate from Crescent Beach Grocery
Go here for more information about Sarasota & Her Islands Convention & Visitors Bureau (**Airfare not included)
5-Page Custom Website
Need a website or email database system set up for your freelance writing? This is your chance to do it for FREE! Have a site but want a re-design? Now is the time. Value $1400
3 Great Travel Books:
A Copy of Barbara Hudgins’ Crafting the Travel Guidebook: How to Write, Publish and Sell Your Travel Book[img_assist|nid=507|title=|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=100|height=100]
This is the Book Every Travel Writer Has Waited For! Travel writing may be an art-but putting together a guidebook is a craft! Crafting the Travel Guidebook shows the reader how to find his category and his audience, how to create a format, construct a framework and flow the chapters. It also offers travel-writing tips and examples.
24"x36" Giclée Print from toddmeisler.com
Have a favorite travel shot you have always wanted printed on quality archival paper at museum quality? Maybe a favorite family photo? Just e-mail a high rez version of any photograph or if it happens to be on film, send the photo or slide by mail for scanning and you will receive a high quality print on canvas, vinyl or watercolor paper. Value $200
[img_assist|nid=1131|title=|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=64|height=100]Top 10 Winners all receive a copy of A Sense of Place: Great Travel Writers Talk About Their Craft, Lives, and Inspiration
How it will work… Send your full page article(s) that is on the 52 Perfect Days website to family, friends, co-workers and anyone else you think will have a viral effect. The goal is to get as many people to click on your article as possible. In turn, that will win you one of 10 great prizes.
How to Get hits/ clicks…
1. Go to your article page(s) and click on the ‘Email this Page’ button located above your contributor info at the bottom of the page and forward it with a note to friends, family and travel lovers.
2. Copy the URL and forward it to as many people as you can like this http://www.52perfectdays.com/articles/parker-palm-springs (and don’t worry I’m not eligible so feel free to click to see how it works).
3. Send the URL to your contributor page so they can see all your articles like this http://www.52perfectdays.com/contributors/alexa.
4. Post a link to your article(s) on your blog or Myspace page.
5. Social Networking! Stumble your stories and get thousands of hits. Post them on additional sites like twitter and facebook or use the share button located right above your contributor photo at the bottom of the article to spread the word on digg, delicious and more.
7. Post a link to your article in the comment or forum sections on other travel blogs and websites.
8. A great way to spread the word about your article is to share your article(s) with the locations mentioned in your story directly by e-mailing them a link. Already done that? Do it again and explain the contest. They’ll want new visitor’s reading the article they are mentioned it. Hey, they might even help you spread the word!
First Prize – The FIRST PRIZE winner has the opportunity to choose between all 5 prizes.
Second Prize– chooses from remaining 4 prizes
Third Prize– chooses from the remaining 3 prizes
Fourth Prize– chooses from remaining 2 prizes
Fifth Prize– Lucky you… you get the last prize!
All 10 winners receive a copy of "A Sense of Place..Great Travel Writers Talk About Their Craft, Lives and Inspiration" with Michael Shapiro
And for the results… I will track the number of hits through analytics software from September 1-30th and will determine the winners based on total unique hits.
1.) Winners based on unique hits which means each ‘unique’ IP address that visits an article counts. 2.) I am not responsible if Google Analytics suddenly drops off the face of the earth and the results are not available nor am I responsible for any other technical malfunctions. 3.) There will be no re-counts, the stated results will be final 4.) No hard feelings if you don’t win. This is meant to be fun and hopefully some of you will win some cool stuff… and we’ll do it again so you always have next time! 5.) Any questions? Email me… firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fine Print:
*Hibiscus Inn & Suites says the offer is good for 1 year (meaning until 9/30/2010) for a one-bedroom suite with maximum occupancy of 4 people. No blackout dates.
*ZD Design says: The Website Design does not include purchase of your domain name or purchase of a hosting package. The prize is for the design of the site. You will be responsible for providing all text and graphics. ZD Design will have an initial phone consultation with you to determine how you want the site laid out, the look, feel and how you want navigation to work.
Want to know who won last year? click here to view winning articles.
|1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5||<< Previous • Next >>|