In This August Issue:
2. Call For Submissions:
3. Call for New Location Queries and Submissions:
4. Call for December Queries: Holiday Festivities
5. Writers Resources: 101 Best Sites for Writers
6. Writers Tips: Digital Photos
7. Recommended Books for Writers: Strunk & White’s Elements of Style
8. Feedback: What topic would you add to the forum?
1. Susan McCartney’s How to Shoot Great Travel Photos is a must have book for any travel writer looking to increase their worth by submitting photos with your articles. And we are giving a copy away for FREE! Click here for details!
2. Call for City Submissions: Our newest listed cities are Las Vegas, Miami, Tampa, Orlando and Baja Mexico. These locations need some tender loving care in the way of submissions from our contributors. We are currently accepting submissions for all categories for these cities. Live there or recently visited and have a perfect day or evening you would like to share? Please email us…we’d love to publish it!
3. Call for the Submissions for our next locations: The secret is out and you are the first to know that our next locations will be the Idaho Panhandle, Oregon Coast and Southern Oregon. We are currently accepting queries and submissions for these great locations. Please email all queries and submission to email@example.com
4. Call for December Queries: 52 Perfect Days is now accepting queries and submissions for perfect days and evenings that focus on holiday celebrations. Know the best place in town to visit Santa? What about the best neighborhood to check out decorated houses or where to find chestnuts, ice skating and some holiday cheer? What about local hayrides or sleigh rides? Have an idea for an article? Please let us know and for more information on our writers guidelines click here.
5. Writers Resources: 101 Best Sites for Writers. This list features the annual Writer’s Digest roundup of websites, check it out and start surfing. Click here for full details on all 101 sites.
6. Travel Writers Tip: Digital Images. A digital image can be as important as the words on the page to pull a reader in or offer an instantaneous perspective. Most, but not all travel magazines encourage writers to include accompanying digital images with their article submissions. Make sure to take a variety of photos that are horizontal and vertical. Make sure to offer photos that correspond with the article you are submitting. Select images that have strong contrast and distinct close-up subjects — no sunsets, washed out beachscapes or minuscule sheep on faraway hillsides.
7. Recommended Books for Writers: The Elements of Style by Strunk and White a book to keep handy at all times for all those little writing rules you need to check on.