1. Immerse yourself with underwater life at the Aquarium of the Pacific with an interactive experience that has you swimming with the fishes and petting the sharks.
2. Channel all your senses during the Paranormal Shipwalk Tour aboard the Queen Mary.
3. Let art and culture enrapture you as you take a walking tour through the East Village Art’s District.
4. Hop on a Segway and swiftly see the sights of the picturesque Rainbow Harbor and waterfront.
5. From Irish pubs to multi-million dollar dance clubs, piano bars to a sexy after hour lounge, dance your way through the many nightclubs and bars in downtown Long Beach.
6. Cruise the Naples Canals in style with romantic Italian Gondolas.
7. Celebrate with cocktails and take in the downtown skyline at The Sky Room.
8. Tempt your taste buds at Da Vinci’s, one of the city’s finest restaurants which overlooks the runway of Long Beach Airport.
9. Keep steady doing stand up paddle boarding or kayaking in Naples.
10. Visit the largest population of Cambodians outside of Phnom Penh at Cambodia Town.
11. Take a lesson in Kite Surfing at the beach.
12. First Fridays in Bixby Knolls offers a selection of art, entertainment and food.
13. Enjoy a scenic Sunday brunch at The Reef or The Queen Mary.
14. Hop aboard the London-style Big Red Bus for Saturday Sippers, which makes stops at notable wine tasting locations such as Morry’s of Naples and Tracht’s.
15. Walk the 8th Most Walkable City in the U.S. (Downtown, Belmont Shore, Belmont Heights, Bixby Knolls and the East Side of Long Beach).
16. Witness Egyptian architecture at the Walter Pyramid at CSULB, 1 of 3 pyramids in the U.S. and the largest space-frame structure in North America.
17. See whales on the Long Beach Arena’s mural Wyland’s Planet Ocean, which the Guinness Book Records once recorded as the World’s Largest Mural.
18. Run, Forrest, Run! Not only can you enjoy a fun meal at Bubba Gump’s you can also participate in the Long Beach International City Bank Marathon.
19. Do a ‘tap dance’ at the Yard House, boasting one of the largest selections of beers on tap in the world.
20. Visit the Museum of Latin American Art (MoLAA), the only museum West of the Mississippi to feature art from Latin America and the Spanish speaking Caribbean.
21. Choose from more than 100 restaurants within an eight block radius of downtown Long Beach; many of which are heavily accoladed by the Southern California Restaurant Writers Association.
22. For a little wind in your hair, rent an electric Duffy Boat and cruise through the Naples canals.
23. Laugh it up at one of the world’s largest comedy clubs, the Laugh Factory Long Beach.
24. Come out and be proud; our Gay Pride Festival is the 3rd largest celebration in the U.S.
25. Conduct an olive oil tasting at We Olive in Belmont Shore.
26. Delight in high tea at the Vintage Tea Leaf…no British accent needed.
27. Get pickled eggs at legendary Joe Jost’s– one of Long Beach’s oldest bars.
28. Satisfy, your, or your four-legged friends’, sweet tooth at the Frosted Cupcakery-they make Pupcakes!
29. Have an All Star meal at MVP Burger.
30. Drive ‘round and ‘round the Long Beach Traffic Circle.
31. Take a cruise around the Long Beach Harbor for less than $5 in an Aqualink catamaran.
32. Golf is par for the course in Long Beach. Enjoy the great outdoors with five public golf courses.
33. Enjoy a meal overlooking the bluffs at Claire’s at the Long Beach Museum of Art.
36. Get ‘inked’ at Outer Limits Tattoos, one of the country’s oldest tattoo parlors.
37. Watch the tug boats go by while sitting under the lighthouse at Shoreline Aquatic Park in Rainbow Harbor.
38. Place your bid during the Koi Fish Auction at the Miller JapaneseGardens at Cal State Long Beach.
39. Detach your earlobes from your shoulders and have your tension andstress melt away at La Dolce Vita Spa.
40. Explore the vibrancy of downtown Long Beach at night with its new, multi-colored LED lighting.
41. Take your favorite Fido to the dog beach, the only dog beach in Los Angeles County.
42. Taste the world (and leave your Passport at home) by savoring International eateries along Pine Avenue: Café Sevilla, George’s Greek Café, L’Opera, Alegria Cantina Cocina, Aladdin and Wokcano.
43. Experience ‘Best in Show’ first-hand at the AKC/Eukanuba Dog Show.
44. Get empowered and inspired at the Governor and First Lady’s Conference on Women with Maria Shriver.
45. Hop on a four-person pedal surrey and cruise the 5.5 mile beachfront bike path.
46. Enjoy sumptuous seafood while overlooking the marina and Rainbow Harbor at Parker’s Lighthouse.
47. Take Salsa lessons and dance the night away at Café Sevilla.
48. Explore Southern California history at Rancho Los Alamitos and Rancho Los Cerritos.
49. Let your inner child soar freely with a ferris wheel ride at the Pike at Rainbow Harbor.
50. Put the pedal to the metal and watch the checkered-flag soar at the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach.
51. Buy some eclectic threads at the vintage shops or people watch at a coffee shops along Retro Row.
52. At the end of the day, you want to slumber in style; choose from a wide selection of Long Beach hotels…from boutiques to brand names, extended stay to views of the bay.
Click here for more information about Long Beach.